Koobideh kebab is one of the kebabs which Appointed to Persian culture.
Kebab is known as international cuisine, each country or more accurate each reign has its kebab.
When kebab is served with rice it is called chelo kabab (chelow kabob or chelo kebab), literally white rice with kebab. The subject of this article variant of meat kabob that is called koobideh (kubideh), a ground beef kebab.
This food can also served with different kind of bread.(preferred one is fresh Lavash)
Prep Time :30 mins
Cook Time :1 hr
Total Time :1 hr 30 mins
kabab koobide literally means “mash kebab”. This ground beef version of kebab with onions and saffron.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: Middle Eastern, Persian
Servings: 4 people
For the koobideh
• 1 lb (0.5 Kg) ground beef
• 1 onion , grated and drained
• 1 tablespoon turmeric
• A few saffron threads
• 4 mid size tomatoes
• 2 onions (optional)
1. Dilute saffron in ½ cup of boiling water, cover and infuse for 10 minutes.
2. Mix the ground meat with the grated onion (the grated onion juice should be taken before mixing) then add the spices, salt and pepper. Stir gently, it makes the meat sticky
3. Finish with 3 tablespoons of infused saffron water and mix well again.
4. Place in a covered container in the fridge for a while.
5. Make 8 koobideh kebabs by pressing the meat well to barbecue skewers.
6. Pinch the meat with your fingers regularly throughout the skewer every inch to give its characteristic shape.
7. Grill the skewers on a BBQ by placing them over the coals. Turn them regularly to ensure a perfectly even grilling for approximately 15 minutes.
8. Place the tomatoes and onions on the BBQ and turn regularly. They are served as an accompaniment to the skewers.
The hardest part of the job is step 5 to 7. Meat should stick to skewer!
For this we introduce you manual kebab machine.
After pressing the meat to skewers they should chilled at least for half an hour, this is the trick to save the meat to not fall from skewer during the barbecue.
And also like hamburger by chilling the koobide kebab before BBQ. By this trick we provide a chance cook inside and outside the meat in a same level. If not outside which is in contact with fire will burn and inside would remain half-baked
If you like to save time and produce more kebab in short time please check the manual kebab machine-pro.
We advise this machine to mid-size restaurants and snack bars who has kebab in their menu.