Lamb kebab recipe
This recipe is for minced meat (lamb , beef or mutton) which should cook over grill with skewer.
These spicy lamb kebabs are perfect for the barbecue. Serve with hot pitta bread and tomato and chilli chutney.
30 mins to 1 hour
10 to 30 mins
• juice of half lemon
• 450g/1lb lamb mince
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 55g/2oz fresh coriander leaves (washed and chopped)
• 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
• 4 green chillies (de-seeded and chopped)
• ½ tsp coriander powder
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• ½ tsp black peppercorns (crushed)
• ½ tsp turmeric powder
• ½ tsp garam masala
• 2 tsp grated ginger
• 1 tsp salt
- Mix two teaspoons of lemon juice and the lamb mince in a bowl.
- Blend the oil, garlic, ginger, chillies, crushed peppercorns, cumin, coriander powder, lemon juice, turmeric powder and salt in a food processor to a paste.
- Stir the paste and coriander into the mince. With wet hands skewer the meat into long sausage shapes. Rotate the meat around the skewer, pressing gently all round. Alternatively, shape the mixture into small patties.
- Brush each kebab with a little oil and grill under a medium heat or barbecue for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
if you like to make sure that minced meat is pasted to skewer you can use manual kabab machine-1 for home , or if you own snack bar or small restaurant use manual kebab machine-pro.